Georgia Tech is enhancing the existing efforts on youth programming by sharing best practices and centralized resources to ensure a positive experience for all.
American Camps Association Guidance
- Emergency Preparedness
- Camp Security
- First Aid & Safety
- Staff Screening, Supervision Ratios & Training
- Make sure to have at least 2 mobile emergency contact numbers for each youth participant in your group.
- Bring the youth participants' medical information sheets with you, especially those with allergies.
- If your youth program is using campus dining services, know which ones can accommodate food allergies.
- Know the name and full address of the dorm building you are staying in, if applicable.
- For dorms: review the evacuation plan and the meeting area with all the youth participants in your program.
- Be sure to have youth program staff added to the Georgia Tech Emergency Notification System (GTENS) while on campus.
- Program the Georgia Tech Police Department (GTPD) number in your phone: 404-894-2500; and have youth participants do the same, if they have a phone.
REMEMBER: Calling 911 from a campus phone will contact GTPD; calling 911 from a mobile phone will contact Atlanta 911 dispatch.